Sunday, April 22, 2012

Introduction!

Hello everyone! My name is Tyler Day and I live in North Carolina! I am 18 years old and a huge music fan! I enjoy writing a lot and writing things all the time is my kind of thing! I've always had a thing for music; the styles of music that I've listened to, though I don't like admitting to it at times, has changed over the years. From infancy on up to about 11 years old, I listened to mainly Country as well as the current pop music, as well as 80's New Wave and hair metal (my parents practically raised me on these genres, except for the pop). When I was 11 years old, starting middle school, I met some kids at my school that were into the emo scene and loved punk rock. They got me hooked on Green Day, My Chemical Romance and HIM. But MCR and HIM just wasn't my thing and didn't care too much for them. But I fell in love with Green Day and much of their catalog but mainly "American Idiot", which I will do a review on very soon. I loved their punk sound, I loved the guitars and that was my first glance into the world of punk rock. But as time went by, the average teens steered me away from the punk rock royalties and moved me into a more mainstream appeal. That being Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and Ke$ha. But sooner or later, through word-of-mouth, and the awful Miley Cyrus cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit", I fell in love with another fantastic punk band, Nirvana. But this time, I did a lot of discovering into their background, their influences and artist associated with them. And with the internet more common than when I was 11 and the ease of access to sites such as Pandora and YouTube, I found a plethora of alt bands that I now listen to everyday. Hole, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, L7, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Carpenters, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, No Doubt, and Foo Fighters. From then on, I threw Lady Gaga and Ke$ha out the window and now prefer the sounds of grunge and alternative than the phony boloney sounds of today's pop/autotune mess of music. Don't ask me WHY at one time, I was in a love affair with Ke$ha! Today, I am 18 years old, and almost out of high school; ready to start my career and begin messing around at what I'm going to do. Debating between forming a band and being a music journalist is not the easiest thing to do. I write music, and stuff about music and I want to play music. So here I am guys! And don't worry for you out there, if you would like to hear my band in the future I will keep you posted on it as soon as I can!
So happy reading! And I hate the new Blogger so here's some links to my Twitters, My YouTubes and Tumblr! YouTube: TylerMusicBoi (My main channel) NirvanasHole (Where I will do video reviews soon and use it together with this blog) Twitter: @MisterAviator @NirvanasHole My Tumblr where I reblog and post all kinds of GIF animations and pics of mostly Nirvana, Hole, and other related grunge bands!

No comments:

Post a Comment